Thursday, June 19, 2014

Okanagan

From southern Saskatchewan I rode to Calgary and spent a couple nights at my friend Mario's place. Beautiful house and a lovely family. We even had barbeque steak for supper. What a treat! I replaced my clothes bag for a real waterproof one and did some much needed laundry.
From there, we headed west into the Rockies. Mario rides a Harley Road Glide 1700 cc. We stopped at Lake Louise for a break then had lunch in Revelstoke. It was cold and rainy for most of the way until we got to the Okanagan valley. At least I got to test my new bag (this one is really waterproof :-)).
We set up camp in Peachland (real name) and used it as a base for day rides around the lake and area. Fresh fruit, wines and beautiful scenery. The roads are great fun to drive too: full of twists and turns, but it makes it hard to enjoy all the views!

Lake Okanagan
Lake Louise











No comments:

Post a Comment