Sunday, May 11, 2014

Hello Yamaha


So to replace the Honda Shadow, I bought a Yamaha Super Ténéré.
Wow! What a bike. It's a 6 speed, 1200 cc inline twin with 90 horsepower (I foresee a couple speeding tickets in my near future), it's comfortable and it can handle our crappy Quebec roads with dignity - no more ka-bonk when hitting a pothole - and stability. On gravel, the traction control lets you spin out just enough before feeling like you've lost control.
On the highway I need to constantly check my speed because hitting 140 is just too easy.
One of the biggest problems that I heard about is the ineffective windshield that creates an unbearable turbulence around your head. Here's a discussion around this windshield problem. 

The good news is that I didn't really experience this problem. My stock windshield is set at the highest position and I drove at different speeds. Maybe it's  because I'm not that tall, or maybe I just don't know any better (there was zero protection on the Shadow).

Here's a short video I made on the weekend 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment